Thursday, December 9, 2010

thanks to a little motivation from gene autry...



Ciao boys and girls,
I've decided to return. I mean, don't get your expectations set too high because things have been really demanding around the house ever since I arrived home at semester's end. Like today, for instance. I had to go all the way to the dentist's office. Yesterday I had to go pick up a pair of shoes for my mom at Reed's. And I even had to help my dad unload the groceries a few days ago. So as you can see, I clearly don't have a lot of spare time to update this blog, and I'm doing all of you a HUGE favor by returning.

In all seriousness, though, I've missed this and will be happy to update somewhat regularly. I will try not to fall into some of the traps that I recently seemed to fall into-i.e. dwelling on the same subjects for too long or including tons of videos/songs that you probably won't watch/listen to. (I will say, though, to the anonymous commenter who requested "less Gossip Girl, more Tuesday Tunes," the only reason I was focusing on it so obsessively for that extended amount of time was because I was doing a weeklong countdown. I'll try not to do too much of the same thing over and over again, but I have to point out that GG is one of my favorite things going on in pop culture right now, so it's definitely going to be prominently featured. Hope you still love me). I'm hoping that I won't get bored, though, and that we can keep this going for a good long while. Oh, how kind...you want to know what you can do to keep me from tiring of this? Leave comments. Tell your friends about the blog. Because the whole reason I stopped updating was because I felt like no one was reading and I was just wasting time. Blogging isn't like therapeutic journaling. Unlike journaling, if you're only doing it for yourself, it's Lame. With a capital L. So just keep things interesting. Become a follower. (Looking over there and seeing a dismal '7' gets me doubting myself and my writing like Dan Humphrey. Sorry, obligatory GG reference. Get used to them).

Finally, I am hoping that my good old friend and fellow goody-two-shoes Anna Margaret will be game for updating every now and then, because she really is hilarious and she was the whole reason I even had the idea to start the blog (it was one fateful night when one of our friends made the mistake of telling us that we were "really funny together." She had no idea that I had just recently both seen Julie and Julia AND discovered Tavi Gevinson and that saying such things to me was dangerous). So, everyone pick on Anna Margaret to get her to contribute. It takes two to tango.

Love and all that,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment