Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yet another unlikely but WONDERFUL combination





After one of the hardest academic weeks of my life (I feel like I say that every week but somehow it's always true...anyway...) I'm seriously lacking in motivation to crank out the posts. However, I thought this at least deserved a mention: my lover John Mayer (if you've been reading this for a while, you know how I feel about him...give the guy the benefit of the doubt because everyone has their moments of a-holery, they just don't have them in the public eye) is extending his Battle Studies tour into summer *AND* THE AVETT BROTHERS (omgomgomgasdgjk;a4u689q7adfjkfja8647q3680hjkl@#&%&*()#*()*!!!!!!!!!) WILL BE JOINING HIM!!!!!

Let's stop and think about that for a minute.

Yes, the combination is a little strange (let's be honest, haha), but J-May and the Avett boys are exceptionally talented, fantastic artists with rock-solid renown for always giving STELLAR live performances.

sadly enough, I believe there are only 3 or 4 shows he's playing with the Avetts. For all the tour dates click here. None of the shows with the Avetts are anywhere near me, of course, but I intend to make it to one. It'll just be a 10-hour drive. I told my little sister that she should come with me and she told me I'd have to "resurrect the dead Beatles" for her to drive that long to see someone in concert. Laaaaame. In the words of the Avetts..."We are headed north." Yay-uh.

at some point I believe Train (noteworthy, but I'm not driving 10 hours to hear "Meet Virginia"...I can pull up my "'90s Top 40 Favorites" playlist on iTunes and get just as much satisfaction) is joining him, along with Owl City (gag...I don't think I could stomach those pale whiny Ben Gibbard wannabes).

2 comments:

  1. oh i am SO buying tickets to the orange beach concert if the avett brothers are playing. ahhh they better announce it soon because there is NO way that i'm paying that much money again to see owl city open for him.

    ReplyDelete