Monday, March 1, 2010

OMG...previews of "The Hurt Locket" + 7 Great Lines/Quotes from GG

Hey Upper East Siders friends and readers! Today, the GOSSIP GIRL COUNTDOWN BEGINS!! For your viewing pleasure I have some lovely promotional pics from NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE "The Hurt Locket!" Try not to die from sheer joy. Also, since there are *7* loooonnnggg days until our beloved Upper East Siders return, I thought I'd share SEVEN of my favorite lines/exchanges/scenes from the show. These aren't necessarily the "best of," but they're some pretty amazing ones that I immediately thought of (please do not preach to me about how I am too obsessed and knew all of these off the top of my head. I will just write you off as jealous of my "dedication." Uh huh). I'll try to include a clip of the scenes, too, if I can find them. ENJOY!!

Previews of "The Hurt Locket..."

So based on all the frenzied promos and all-too-obvious pictures, Serena is FINALLY coming to her senses in the next few episodes and breaking things off with Trip Vanderbilt, Nate's MARRIED (omg) SENATOR (yeah right) cousin and getting back with Nate, but it's almost too late for redemption IMHO. I just couldn't post the pictures of S & N because the past few episodes have just convinced me that N is way too good for her. Also, doesn't Serena look a little too much like her Good Old Granny CeCe here? Clothing choice here is just a little too Stuffy Old Socialite for me.


^Blair talking with the ambiguous Mourning Matron who Chuck spotted at B. Bass's grave (presumably his thought-to-be-dead mother). SO PUMPED for this storyline.


^Unnecessary and reveals absolutely nothing about the plot, but fun to look at. Wait, isn't that kind of like the character of Nate himself? (No offense...he just always gets the shaft in the writers' room).


^All his life, Chuck thought his mother died giving birth to him. Now they shake hands in peace. Well, if that's her. But really, who else could it be?!?!


^I included this picture because, well, it's Chuck and Blair. No explanation needed.

Now onto 7 amazing lines/exchanges/scenes:
*
1. (I know I mentioned this in my most recent GG post, but I just can't help it, it's too good. No need to watch the whole 6-minute clip):

Chuck, Nate and Carter "Sleazy Unattractive Chuck Imitator" Baizen get re-acquainted...Season 1:

Chuck Bass: Who brought the Sasquatch?
Nate Archibald (with the kind of fascination only someone as decent as Nate can muster): Isn't that Carter Baizen? I haven't seen him since he was a senior and we were in the eighth grade! He looks intense.
Chuck Bass: Are you high? He looks like Matthew McConaughey between movies.
*
2. Chuck compares Dan to Camus rats while Dan attempts to hang out with Chuck in order to become a more "fully developed" writer. Hasn't Dan already been published in the New Yorker at this point? What a joke...Season 2:

Chuck Bass: It's like The Plague, only instead of vermin on my doorstep, I get the human being. Beat it, Humphrey; my sister doesn't dig stalkers.
(skip a few lines)...
Dan Humphrey: ...and I've come to the conclusion that I need to get out of my comfort zone. I need to...experience new things.
Chuck Bass: Are you gay?
*
3. Blair re-schools Georgina in Revenge...Season 2 (Click here for the clip!)

Georgina Sparks: I gave up my old ways when I let Jesus take the wheel.
Blair Waldorf: THAT is a Carrie Underwood song, not a life choice!
Georgina Sparks: I'm sorry, but I can't help you if it goes against my beliefs.
Blair Waldorf: But, when you look at it, Jesus drove you here...
Georgina Sparks: Actually, I believe his name was Jesús...

Georgina and Blair are of course hilarious together when they're both at their Most Machiavellian and constantly trying to outwit the other, but when Reformed Georgina showed up near the end of season 2, surprisingly, the G/B back-and-forth banter was still as strong as ever.
*
4. In one of the most melodramatic/epic/over-the-top/crazy Gossip Girl moments LYKE, EVARRR Serena admits what we've been dying to know all along...Season 1:

Serena Van Der Woodsen: I killed someone.

However nuts this plotline may have been, there is NO DENYING the sheer jaw-dropping quality of this line and the way "U.R.A. Fever" by The Kills just pulses in at the perfect moment. AAAAHHHH, I love it!!!!
*
5. This exchange didn't advance the plot at all, but it made me cry laughing. Sadly I couldn't find a clip...Season 2:
Penelope: Oh, hello, Weird Documentary Girl.
Vanessa Abrams: Oh, hello, sad Blair wannabe.
*
6. Chuck Bass's entire best man speech at Lily and Bart's wedding...Season 1:


I'm not going to type out this whole speech. And I know I'm a sucker.
*
7. Couldn't find a clip for this one either, but it kills me:

Rufus Humphrey (with a typical Rufian sigh of frustration): Dan was denied financial aid at Yale.

OK, so this line on its own isn't that great, but I die laughing thinking about it. I watched the episode with my friend Laura and when Rufus said this, she immediately retorted "Oh, shut up! Stop trying to be poor!" I cracked up endlessly because we all know that the Humphreys' spacious and artfully decorated Brooklyn loft doesn't exactly scream "OMG POVERTY," but the writers are always inserting little tidbits to remind us just how much Dan, Jenny, and Big Rufus don't fit with their UES friends. Dan, I have no sympathy. You're not poor, Chuck Bass just owns you. And the whole city.

ALSO:
I know this would technically go over the "7" quotes I allotted myself, but Blair just has too many good lines. Here's someone's "best of" video:


7 days!!
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Best quote from this post?

    M.G- "You're not poor, Chuck Bass just owns you. And the whole city."

    Bahahaha. Its so true.

    ReplyDelete