Friday, May 14, 2010

"Did you swallow an amplifier?"

I have no motivation to write these days, but I thought I'd just share with all of you something that I watch-oh, not all that much, probably just every 18 hours or so. HA.

I want to be Bob Boilen's humble intern next summer. Seriously. NPR is Like So Official Y'all so I probably shouldn't put that in writing-I'm sure that statement will come back to bite me-but for now, just watch this gem. If this version of "Laundry Room" (the best version I've ever come across) doesn't move you to tears, you officially have no soul. We are no longer friends.

This Tiny Desk Concert is nothing new-I think this particular one is about a year old-but I'm seeing the Avetts in a few short weeks so they're pretty much all I can listen to lately. And this selection of songs is phenomenal. I'd give up one of my toes to have been sitting in that office for this performance.



-OH-

I forgot. Another little diddy that got me through finals (there's just something about fraternal music-making, huh?):

No comments:

Post a Comment