Monday, April 26, 2010

all I want. All I want(s)?

No matter what his clever older songs may say, James Murphy is definitely not Losing His Edge anytime soon. Check out this amazing new track (a tribute to David Bowie's "Heroes") from LCD Soundsystem's upcoming album This is Happening.



I'd also like to point out the many songs I love with "All I Want" somewhere in the title...
"All I Want" by Joni Mitchell
"All I Really Want to Do" by Bob Dylan (apparently Joni would think it's borderline blasphemous for me to mention them in the same breath...how sad that such a beautiful lady has become so embittered.) Also check out the Byrds' version. Especially this one, though:

"All I Want" by Toad the Wet Sprocket (Throwback to the Empire Records soundtrack-like '90s genre)
"All I REALLY Want" by Alanis Morissette. (Ha).
"All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey.

1 comment:

  1. It's no Tuesday Tunes, but it'll do... for now

    ReplyDelete