Friday, April 9, 2010

Move over, Holly Golightly

*Preface: Sorry for the lack of Gossip Girl recapping this week (if that's what you like and were hoping to read). I'm still in shock (except not because Josh Schwartz told us there was turbulence ahead for the Chuck and Blairline)...well, more like mourning/dying a slow death/reeling in the deepest of depressions about the Chuck/Blair breakup (TEMPORARY. TEMPORARY. TEMPORARY.) so I will have to regain some semblance of composure before I can write about it without falling apart.

In other news...

Urban Outfitters has recently begun a new online contest I'm obsessed with. When you hear the term "style icon," who immediately pops to mind? Besides your own personal "icons" and favorite dressers, probably the universally agreed-upon Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Ali McGraw, Twiggy, Jackie O, Diane Keaton in the Annie Hall era, along with the few classy standouts among the Us Weekly crowd. Well, what about your mom?? This contest is called the Original Icon and I've been looking at the submissions probably a little too much. Customers can submit their favorite old photo of their mom looking ToTaLlY sTyLiN back when she was a freewheeling twentysomething. This reminds me of one of my *FAVORITE* places on the WWW- My Parents Were Awesome, where anyone can submit a cool photo of their parents at their Height of Hipness. (Or just looking adorable). Actually, though, the contest was modeled after a super-fun blog called My Mom, the Style Icon. I LOVE IT. The contest and the blog are both dripping with beautiful and fun pictures (accompanied by little story-blurbs) that will make you nostalgic for a time you didn't even experience. (Welcome to my life...seriously). Anyway, here are a few of the submissions (well, mostly moms of UO employees/bloggers) I love:








^FAVORITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment